Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sign Language

Ello,
Today during my sign language class we had a "speaker." He was deaf and had, in the past, gone to college here and taken art courses. He now works for a part of the college and is still creating art work. I found his work pretty inspiring since it was very conceptual and the like but he utilized woodworking as well as digital printmaking. The speaker did not have a website up as of yet but when he does I will be sure to post it over on the side bar.

On another note, my disposable cameras came in yesterday, this means I can start the project I had initially started this blog for, {insert corny laugh}. Okay. I had gotten these ideas from just typing in disposable cameras on Flickr, from baking the film to bleaching it or throwing the camera itself into a pool. The link is over on the side and also here. Take a peek. I will be scanning in sketchbook scribbles of what I plan on doing soon and then hopefully what comes of it. I have yet to get my hands on some developing tanks so I can soak the film in them. Also. I plan on getting these negatives developed at a Walgreens or Walmart in town, hopefully they don't reject them, hehehe.

Guess that is all for now... hmmm.

Peace!

-TM.L

PS- I have no idea why but I will always round the time of posting to the nearest 30 minutes... no idea why, I'm just weird like that... Not that it really even matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment